Manages and supervises the kitchen and storage areas, ensuring that proper procedures are followed. Supervises operations in the kitchen when food is being prepared. Tries to keep food costs within projected targets. Strives for maximum efficiency from personnel.
- Arrives on time in a clean pressed uniform according to the Procedure Personal Appearance and Hygiene Standards.
- Makes sure that the tasks in both Kitchen and Store Room Opening and Closing Checklists are undertaken.
- Checks inventories weekly.
- Writes on the Daily Storage Room Board the food which needs to be thawed out.
- Makes daily briefings. Checks that the station settings in all areas are according to the Station Set Up. Is certified in the Servsafe program.
- Notes all pending matters in the Communication Log.
- At the end of each day, deposits the requisition in the appropriate box in the kitchen.
- Supervises all kitchen operations, making sure that Operadora Anderson's recipes are followed. Programs and makes purchases in accordance with the restaurant's Par Stock.
- Selects employees for interviews.
- Checks employee's appearance daily.
- When required, makes necessary arrangements for no-show employees' stations to be covered in food production and preparation areas.
- Supervises quality control of incoming merchandise Makes sure that Hygiene Standards are met. Reports any defects noted in the Kitchen and Storage areas in the Maintenance Log.
- Checks employee's lists.
- Arranges for and supervises training for Kitchen employees.
- Prepares recipes for special occasions and holidays.
- Makes sure that established quality standards are kept. Times the preparation of the dishes.
- Checks temperatures in freezer compartments Checks price comparisons.
- Checks that merchandise is received, labeled and stored correctly. Supervises the distribution of merchandise to destination areas.
- Uses only authorized products and brands. Keeps attention to the guests´ needs.
- Visits suppliers and checks their facilities.
- Works together with all employees as a team. Clocks out at the end of his/her shift.
- Picks up any trash or papers found lying around.
- Puts back in its place anything that is out of place.
- Carries out any task or job suggested by managers or those that are necessary to keep our standards of quality and those that are needed to keep our guests happy.
- Carries out all the activities written in the SOA (Anderson's Operating System).
- Knows the Quality Policy. Participates in the Manager's Review Meeting.
- Hands in the results of the process of the department.
- Follows through with the Action Plans of his area.
- Works towards the accomplishment of the Quality Objectives.
- Helps in the Continuous Improvement of the Procedures.
Specific Area of Know-How Required:
- General kitchen operation, culinary terminology, service and quality control.
- Knowledge of food preparation
- Knowledge of cost management
- Knowledge of storage procedures
- Hygienic handling of foods